Friday, December 10, 2010

Why be a finnovatrepreneur?

I was recently asked the question, "why use a fancy name like a finnovatrepreneur and not an innovator or an entrepreneur?" I've pondered for a bit and here is what I came up with.

I chose to be a finnovatrepreneur because I felt it suits who I am at this point in time. Although I have some experiences in the world of operational/corporate finance through working in a bank (where I got the financial background from), and my informal education/experiences of entrepreneurship outside of my regular classes during my undergrad years that has helped shape who I am today, I am very determined to work with start-ups to apply what I've learned and expand/obtain skills that I already have/don't have.

So in a nutshell, I hope to be someone who has the entrepreneurial spirit that can be creative and drive innovation, while at the same time, have the outlook of a venture capital (VC) approach (in terms of profitability and success-driven results), to create and/or assist start-ups that would truly create jobs and wealth for nation(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment